Expanding your business across state lines is a huge milestone; keep the following in mind while navigating the process:
• Cost of commercial property – Whether renting or buying, consider virtual tours, and don’t forget property insurance.
• Quality of hiring pool – Whether onboarding full-time employees or freelance contractors, do your homework regarding local requirements.
• Special laws and regulations to learn – Set the paperwork in motion, stat, to avoid state agency backlog.
• Adequacy of business insurance – Coverage is contingent upon location, so prioritize your protection, from general liability and business umbrella insurance to commercial auto coverage and workers’ compensation.
Read on for more.
– Hannah Van Sickle, The Arizona 100