If avoiding accidents and costly insurance claims is up your alley, brush up on these tips for driving defensively, reducing your risk of an accident:
• ASSUME other motorists will make mistakes, at the four-way stop sign and elsewhere.
• AVOID driving distracted, from cell phones to fussy kids.
• OBEY speed limits, especially in heavy traffic and poor weather.
• USE your turn signal and, when given the option, pick a lane and stay in it.
• ANTICIPATE dangerous driving scenarios, from winding rural roads to parking lots.
• CARRY proof of insurance, always, just in case an automobile accident proves unavoidable.
Read on here.