Shopping for a new home this summer? If avoiding costly insurance claims ranks high on your list, keep your eyes peeled in the following places when perusing properties:
• Roof: An aging roof is one prone to water damage and costly insurance claims.
• Chimney: One that is poorly constructed, or dirty, can cause a fire.
• Wiring: An outdated electrical panel and/or faulty wiring poses another fire risk.
• Plumbing: Water damage is no joke, especially when it comes to your invaluable personal belongings.
While sellers should disclose details, buyers keen on due diligence can order a claims report online.
Read more here.
– Hannah Van Sickle, The Arizona 100