While April showers indeed bring May flowers, conserving water is always in season. Keen on conserving water (and saving money) this summer?
• Eliminate waste by switching from sprinklers to soaker hoses stat and install a timer while you’re at it.
• Combat evaporation by watering at the beginning or end of the day.
• Collect rainwater and/or recycle greywater to make the most of what’s (naturally) available.
• Choose native plants, which are less thirsty and more likely to thrive in your landscaping conditions, especially those that are drought prone.
• Downsize your lawn. Period. The pollinators will thank you.
Read on for more.
– Staff report, The Arizona 100