Wondering what’s next in social media? Sprout Social dropped its annual Sprout Index, predicting what’s next in this ever-evolving landscape. Here are our favorite takeaways:
1. Despite its meteoric rise in popularity, TikTok still trails behind Instagram by 11% for predicted consumer use.
2. The top type of content consumers are interested in are product and service shares.
3. Seventy-one percent of consumers want brands to take a stance on sensitive issues, but 46% of social media managers report having to persuade their brands to speak up.
4. The No. 1 challenge for marketers this year will remain finding new talent for their teams.
– Caitlin Weaver, The Alaska 100