Effective leadership is under a microscope, now more than ever. Pandemic-induced health and economic crises, as well as long-gestating social justice issues, have magnified the positive and negative characteristics of what we view through that lens.
Some key traits held by successful leaders during a crisis:
1. Support others first: You’re here to help people. They’re not here to help you.
2. Be authentic: Effective leaders inform, reiterate and reinforce.
3. Accept responsibility: Our society loves to forgive and accepts imperfection. What we don’t tolerate is a lack of responsibility.
4. Display poise: Inspire confidence — in times both good and bad.
Learn more here.
– Jeremy Church, The Pittsburgh 100