Google “leadership lessons from President Lincoln” and you’ll find dozens of articles. Doris Kearns and her book “Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln,” is referenced quite often. In honor of President’s Day, some leadership lessons from our 16th president:
• Use the power of storytelling to motivate people.
• Be willing to stand up for your deeply held principles.
• Surround yourself with the best minds, who may challenge you.
• Be decisive and bold when needed.
Lincoln took responsibility for what he did, and he shared responsibility for the mistakes of others. Indeed, these are qualities of a good leader.
– Abbie S. Fink, HMA Public Relations