Feeling confused by the different types of insurance available? You’re not alone. Here’s a primer on what kind of insurance is right for you.
Property owners who rent to others want landlord insurance. This policy typically:
• Protects the property from fire and other natural disasters.
• Covers you in the event tenants cause damage.
• Provides insurance against slip-and-fall accidents and the like.
Individuals who don’t own the dwelling in which they reside want renters insurance. This policy typically:
• Provides reimbursement for personal property/belongings.
• Covers alternative living expenses should your rental become uninhabitable.
Be prepared by reading more in our blog.