Memorial Day recognizes military service members who have died in the line of duty. There are many ways to remember these men and women:
• Post the American flag.
• Visit cemeteries and memorials.
• Donate to veterans and military support groups.
• Volunteer to support events such as a parade or 5K.
• Observe a minute of silence at 3 p.m., local time.
The National Moment of Remembrance asks Americans wherever they are at 3 p.m., local time, on Memorial Day, to pause in an act of national unity for one minute.
However you choose to spend the long weekend, be safe.
– Abbie S. Fink, HMA Public Relations