When it comes to business development for professional service firms, there are four types of profiles. According to Jody Sutter, author of “The Small Agency’s Guide to Winning New Business,” they are:
1. Hunters – have an instinct for selling.
2. Promoters – have something to say and aren’t afraid to say it.
3. Communicators – have the ability to simplify complex ideas and can captivate their audience.
4. Thinkers – pore over research and arrive at the big idea.
Sutter also says you must answer these questions: “What are you selling?,” “Who are you selling it to?” and “How are you selling it?”
– Scott Hanson, HMA Public Relations