Tucson’s Pima Animal Care Center (PACC) works tirelessly to find loving, responsible homes for homeless animals in Southern Arizona. Because Independence Day fireworks can cause stress for many anxious pets, who may become spooked or run away during the holiday celebrations, the PACC team offers their Fourth of July checklist to keep your pet safe this weekend:
1. Update your pet’s microchip information here.
2. Make sure animals are wearing a collar with your contact information.
3. Check your house for possible escape routes.
4. Register with Petco Love Lost, a national lost and found pet database, in the event that they go missing.
– Margaret Willard, The Arizona 100